According to a poll made by the American Political Science Association in 2015, the Accomplishments of George Washington made him the 1st most popular US president of all time.
There have been many presidents in the history of the United States of America until today, but George Washington is someone who really marked the leadership of the country. He was the very first President of the United States and there are many interesting facts and stories from President Washington’s life. He was the Commander in Chief of the Continental Army for about 8.5 years and all along he refused to accept any salary for his services. He even used his own money to fill the budget of the country. How overwhelming is that?
While his two elder half-brothers finished their schooling in England, the death of his father made schooling abroad impossible for George Washington. Despite of this, with only 8 years of education, he was very smart and he excelled in mathematics. Do you know the phrase “So help me God“? George Washington was the first one who used it at his inauguration. Also, he was the one who came up with the idea of the title “Mr. President” as his official manner of address as head of state.
So, we are here today Mr. President to recall just a few of your accomplishments as one the best leaders of the United States of America in history.
George Washington Full Portrait
1. George Washington’s military experience began in the French and Indian War. During the Battle of the Monongahela in 1755, Washington showed great valor. He had two horses shot out from underneath him but managed to organize a general retreat and emerged as the Hero of Monongahela. After returning to Virginia with the battered army, he was given the new rank of colonel and was officially named the Commander-In-Chief of the Virginia regiment.
2. On June 19, 1775, George Washington was selected to lead the Continental Army based on his previous military experience and the hope that a leader from Virginia could help unite the colonies. He was commissioned as the General and Commander-in-Chief of the Continental Army. The army was poorly trained and under-supplied but after six years of struggle, Washington managed to lead the army to key victories and Great Britain eventually surrendered in 1781. He resigned his commission as Commander in Chief on December 23, 1783.
George Washington With The Family
3. George Washington became the first President of the United States of America. He assumed office in 1789. He served two times as a president, with the re-election for the second time in 1793. After serving twice, he refused to serve a third term as President.
4. Washington organized the first United States Cabinet and the Executive Branch. The Cabinet’s role is to advise the President on any subject he may require relating to the duties of each member’s respective office. The Cabinet includes the Vice President and the heads of 15 executive departments. The Judiciary Act of 1789 was signed into law by George Washington, establishing the basic outline of the federal court system. He had a major role in bringing amendments to the US Constitution through the Bill Of Rights, which contained guarantees of essential rights and liberties.
George Washington At The Battle Of Princeton Yale University Art Gallery
5. George Washington signed the Naval Act (also known as the Act to Provide a Naval Armament) in 1794 to establish a permanent standing naval force of the United States of America, which eventually became the present-day US Navy.
6. Representing the United States of America, George Washington signed the Jay Treaty on November 19, 1794. Although it was not popular with the American public, the treaty settled outstanding issues between the two nations, maintained peace, and preserved US neutrality. It also gave the United States valuable time to consolidate and rearm in the event of future conflict.
George Washington On One Dollar Bill
7. The Treaty of Greenville – signed by George Washington on one side and several western tribes on the other side- brought an end to the Indian Wars in the Ohio Country in 1795. The treaty established the official western border of the United States and opened much of Ohio for settlement. The treaty was not perfect by any means and the natives were regarding the agreement as a forced treaty. Therefore the peace between the Americans and native peoples of Ohio would not last.
8. The same year, in 1795 President Washington signed the Pickney’s Treaty (also called Treaty of San Lorenzo), an agreement between Spain and the United States. The treaty was an important diplomatic success for the United States, fixing the southern boundary and granting American ships the right to free navigation of the Mississippi River.
George Washington, Commander In Chief
9. On April 22, 1973 George Washington issued the Proclamation Of Neutrality, which declared the nation’s neutrality in the conflict between France and Great Britain. It also threatened legal proceedings against any American citizen giving assistance to any country at war.
10. At the first Virginia Convention, George Washington was elected as a Delegate to the First Continental Congress. From 1774 to 1789, the Continental Congress served as the government of the 13 American colonies and later the United States.
George Washington was born on February 22, 1732. The First Lady was Martha Dandridge Custis. He was serving the office from 1789 to 1797. He passed away on December 14, 1799.
61 thoughts on “Top 10 Major Accomplishments Of George Washington”
It is very helpful and is not confusing like a lot of other websites.
dez neet s got em
Oh shut up
deez nuuts gott eem
: HELLO PEOPLE OF THE WORLD VOTE ME FOR PRESIDENT PLZ
SO USELESS D: I HAVE BETTER! U GET NO ADVICE
nice joke XD
BEST info EVER!!!!
What a great review! May I ask, how was it useless?
JK! I Agree with Lilac!
no do not agree
Boring awfully stupid
yall annoying lol
vote for Hillary Clinton for President
How about no,
dez neet s got em
There were some good things about Washington, but refusing a salary as president and using his own money to pay government bills are not among them. His money came from the labor of the slaves he owned.
If he had slaves then he let them get the crops so that he could get money to help the united states
People stop arguing!
i agree with you
I don’t agree! You are wrong, we are not arguing!
America sucks, am I right, guys?
no ur wrong america is awesome besides all the bad guys
So does Hillary and Sanders but it doesn’t mean we should say mean things.
P.S. Trump does not suck.
TRUMP WILL KILL US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S: BERNIE SANDERS FOR THE WIN!!!!
well Trump is now a canidate and your so called bernie is long gone hun.
so stupid its rank
Channel One News starts right now!
Wow just wow
u people are so stupid
i like this
STOP ARGUING!!!! WTF IS WRONG WIT ALL OF YOU DUMBOS
Vote for Trump because he is not a socialist!
I found a misprint! “In 1973 George Washington issued the Proclamation Of Neutrality”.
Ii has to be “1793”.
vasilisa, people make mistakes
I did too. In your comment.
thnxs very helpful
President/General George Washington was a very inspiring man. He’s done more in his life then just these 10 things. But in life, if you as a human take it for granted you will see it go by. With you not doing anything with it. This is why I’m very Proud of him as the First Freemason also into the United States of America. George Washington is a VERY Remarkable man. And there’s no one that can put a sword with him.!? Hooah!!!
U guys are idiots.
George Washington was one of the greatest men to ever live! He was just so, so, so, so amazing. I don’t know if people realize how amazing he is. He accomplished more than most people, and certainly more than any one of you losers who thinks this is a chat room. I don’t care if there are any misprints or whatnot. George Washington was a self-educated man who sought to better our country and make it a place for everyone to live. Yes, he did keep slaves, but you have to understand the fact that it was normal back then. We keep dogs as pets, don’t we? Couldn’t you see that as the same? They have no control over what they do or what conditions they live in! George Washington kept our nation in line, made it a good place to live, and fought bravely throughout the war. Our nation might have very well fallen apart if he hadn’t been there to keep it together. So let this encourage you to make something out of your miserable life! Get off the couch and do something productive for once!.
Can everybody stop.you guys are acting like morons!!!!!!
communism is best government
No, Fascism is.
I didnt give me the info I needed