It’s no secret that most of us don’t include enough vegetables in our diet. Ideally, we should eat plenty of fresh vegetables every day, but there is a more convenient way to eat them. We are talking about greens powder!
According to Ideal Magazine UK, green powders are dietary supplements that people often mix into smoothies to get an extra boost of phytonutrients. High-quality green powders can do wonders for energy levels, digestive health, and much more.
Lisandra Fields, whose health articles appear on many reputable portals says that green powder supplements are a very special food full of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals that prevent and improve the condition of many diseases and strengthen the immune system. The powdered greens come from leafy greens, sprouts, and vegetables that are turned into powder through a process of low temperatures so that they do not lose their health benefits and retain all their nutritional value.
People often wonder if these supplements are just another one of those “miraculous” marketing products that will transform your eating habits into a healthy diet on its own, so the question arises: is using vegetable supplements a waste of money
If you already eat 10 or more servings of vegetables, fruits, and other fresh produce, then maybe it won’t be very useful for you but, let’s face it… You probably don’t eat that many veggies and fruits. Especially if you do high-intensity workouts or follow a low-carb diet, then it’s likely for there to be nutritional gaps. In this case, a green powder supplement will be a good addition to your supplement regimen.
Also, in the case of oat grass, which is an excellent source of vitamin C, K, A, and E as well as calcium and other nutrients, a greens powder supplement can be very handy, since humans can’t digest oat grass as animals do. You can enjoy this superfood by adding it to your smoothies. You will be packing your body with amino acids as well (source: www.healthcanal.com)
Green Powder Benefits, According to Research
Wheatgrass, alfalfa grass, and barley grass help oxygenate the body and reduce inflammation, supporting organ immune function and health. A recent study showed that green powders can help improve symptoms of the common cold by strengthening a healthy immune system. Among the many other benefits of green powders we have:
- Energy boost. Some green powders contain green tea extract, which is a natural source of caffeine and can help increase your energy levels.
- A clinical trial conducted by the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition has shown that green tea extract is able to lower blood sugar levels.
- Another potential benefit of taking a green powder is to lose weight. But as always, don’t rely only on green supplements. To achieve weight loss, you must have a proper training program, eat a nutritious whole food diet, and prioritize rest and sleep.
- Greens powders can contain stevia leaf extract and monk fruit extract as natural sweeteners, instead of using added sugars such as corn syrup and rice syrup which can wreak havoc on blood sugar levels. They also maintain healthy blood pressure. Super greens supplements have been shown to reduce the risk of obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, and mental decline, among other things.
Choosing the right green powder will always depend on your objectives. We will show you some examples here:
- Apple fiber powder. If you are looking to enhance your bowel functioning, this option is perfect for you. Apple fiber is mainly used to support the removal of toxic matter from the digestive tract. It also has other benefits like improving circulation, aiding with cholesterol levels, and even reducing the risk of a stroke.
- Digestive enzymes. If you have some digestive inconveniences and you constantly have to deal with bloating, there are greens powders that contain digestive enzymes. Just look at the nutritional label to make sure they are included!
- Blue-green algae. Its popular name is Spirulina. This particular green powder, very rich in antioxidants, has been for many centuries in African countries’ gastronomy. It is used mostly for the treatment of high blood pressure and many athletes use it as a protein supplement. It also aids with obesity, lipids, high cholesterol, and other medical conditions.
- Goji berries. This fruit has a very delicious flavor that will definitely turn you into a green smoothie fan. It’s full of antioxidants and vitamins and it is used to support the immune system, and eye health, stabilize blood sugar, and prevent liver damage.
There are many others like grape seed extract, shiitake mushroom, and so on. You might wonder if there are green powders vegan friendly, and yes! These powders are a great dietary option that adjusts to every kind of needs: vegetarian, vegan, carnivore, everybody can use them.
Although we cannot say that green powders replace vegetables and whole plant foods, neither can we say that they are a waste of money. A green supplement is an excellent alternative for those who do not get enough carbohydrates in their diet. They are also a convenient and pleasant option to increase the intake of vitamins and minerals.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it worth taking powdered greens?
A: Yes. If you are not a veggie and fruit lover, green powders are worth it as they will make your life easier! Also, if you are doing low-carb diets (such as keto diet, for example) they can be an excellent nutritional aid.
2. Do green powders do anything?
A: In a nutshell, green supplements are a vegetable powder mix. Therefore, it contains the same vitamins, minerals, and carbohydrates as almost all fresh produce, but in a more compact version.